Sunday, January 3, 2010

Against Ex-Gay Cults

I have not posted in a long, long time. During this time, my Christian faith, which had utterly shattered in the late 80s thanks to the mind-control tactics of the Boston Church of Christ, reconstituted itself. This had to be a doing of God: the all-encompassing all and Lord of all.

Well anyway, I had come across a bunch of videos about Ex-Gay "ministries" on YouTube. Upon further investigation, I had found they engage in far more destructive techniques, including far more controlling mind-control techniques than Kip McKean could have ever possibly imagined.

The story of one of the "clients" of these "ministries" -- Bryce Faulkner -- really broke my heart. I was literally typing comments through my tears. The next day, for some reason unknown to me, I was compelled to pick up and read a book called "Openly Gay, Openly Christian" written by Rev. Samuel Kader. Turns out God spoke to me through that book thanks to the copious quoting of scripture and references to the meaning of the original Hebrew and Greek words. As the barnacles of homophobia were nicked off the ancient texts I was finally able to realise that God made me for who I am, He made me for a purpose, He did not make me as a bundle of going-to-Hell or as an illegal alien from the Outer Darkness, and He does not make mistakes. So once again I can and DO align myself with Jesus Christ as Lord.

By the way, He had a Beloved Disciple.

Homophobes, research your Bibles!

1 comment:

J. Raphael Roykovich said...

Hi there!

I just wanted to leave a comment of encouragement: I also was a member of the ICOC through the NYC Church until I came out in 2001. I can't tell you how important it was for me in the past 10 years to find information like this. So thank you from me, and for all those who might have seen this and have it make a difference to them!